If this cigarette would be the last you ever smoke, here is what happens to your body when you quit smoking…
Let´s go through the list:
- 20 minutes after you quit smoking the pulse returns to normal
- After 8 hours the carbon monoxide in the lungs is reduced by half and oxygen levels return to normal
- After 48 hours the risk of having a heart attack decreases, and all nicotine in the body was eliminated. Taste and smell return to normal.
- After 72 hours bronchi relax the body and increase energy levels, and you will feel more rested
- 2 weeks of circulation is much relieved and will continue to improve in the next 10 weeks.
- Between 3 and 9 months after you quit smoking, coughing, wheezing, and breathing problems disappear as lung capacity improves by 10%
- After 1 year since you quit smoking lowers the risk of heart attack by half.
- After 5 years when you quit smoking, the risk of accident vascular is like a non-smoker
- After 10 years since quitting smoking, the risk of lung cancer is as a non-smoker
- After 15 years the risk of heart is like a non-smoker